Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cat Tuesday

I recently began my summer Master's classes. As school kicks into high gear and I continue to work, I am hoping to lean into my baking as a way of relieving stress. A couple things I hope to develop over this summer are some basic decorating techniques and macaroon baking. I had my first macaroon several weeks ago at a friend's wedding. They were incredible, light and texturally complex. Plus, they are incredibly beautiful and diverse. While I was inspired to try my hand at macaroons I was also very intimidated at the prospect. However, I recently read two posts, one by Picky Palate and the other by Brave Tart, aimed at increasing the accessibility of macaroons for novice bakers. After reading these posts I am determined to start practicing the art of macaroon baking - no one ever became proficient without practice!

I am hoping to make my first batch this weekend or upcoming week if I find the time!

And in honor of our first Caturday, I will end this post with some of my favorite Memes and kitty photos :)

First, gifts from the internet...




I like this one because it looks like Amelia...


Poor kitty....





And now my sweet Henry...





And now some pictures of my Amelia as an itty-bitty baby kitty...










See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment